SWEET PIECES BAKERY NEED TO KNOWS
Auditionees should prepare one speech, no longer than one and a half minutes long, from a Contemporary British Play written after 1990.
· Ensure your speech is from a published play; it should not be an extract from a poem, novel, film or television script
· Please choose a character close to your own age
· Please perform your speech in your native accent
· You may choose a speech from any gender
· Auditionees should wear comfortable fitted rehearsal wear that best represents you and/or helps with your characterisation
· In a minority of instances, the panel may require a further tape with the auditionee responding to direction
Auditionees should prepare a song, no longer than one minute in length, that they enjoy singing and can sing well.
· Please ensure that song is cut to one minute in length
· Please choose a song that shows you off and that is suitable for your casting and voice type
· You may choose a song from any gender
· Please avoid songs that require extreme character voices
· Please choose a song that demonstrates your skill in acting as well as your singing
· Auditionees should wear comfortable, fitted rehearsal wear that best represents you and/or helps with your characterisation
· In a minority of instances panel may require a further tape responding to direction from our Head of Music & Head of Singing
Please ensure that the recording is a true reflection of your acoustic singing voice. Do not edit the audio or add any effects to the recording in any way. Please record the audio using the video camera device so you capture an accurate and unaltered recording of how the voice sounds in a room.
Auditionees should prepare one dance piece in your preferred style, no longer than one minute. This should showcase your strengths and highlight any special skills.
Please wear tight fitting clothing to allow the panel to see your movement fully.